Our Rental Program has been developed with the desires of the teaching community in mind. By working with teachers and music educators across the country, we have created a rental program with the highest standards available anywhere. High quality instruments and bows, the same quality strings and bow hair as our professional instruments, and 100% purchase credit for the first 18 months make our program the most generous in the country!
TPVC Instrument Rental Program
Get started now!
Due to the high demand for our rental instruments, there may be a wait on Saturdays in our Takoma Park store during September. We encourage you to order your instrument online so we can have it ready when you come to the store. You can also have it shipped to your door. If you would like to pick up the instrument from our store, please consider visiting us Tuesday through Friday.
We are open an extra two hours every Thursday in September (10 a.m. - 8 p.m.) for your convenience.
Questions? Call use during business hours at 301 652-7070
Rental Plan Highlights
- 100% of the first 18 months of your rental payments may be credited toward your "Potter's Piggy Bank" and may be applied to the purchase of one of our exceptional violins, violas, cellos and/or bows.
- Only a 3-month minimum commitment to begin; then, if you decide to continue, your account is automatically billed each month.
- You may apply any amount of accrued rental credit to the purchase of one of our fine retail instruments and/or bows at any time.
- You may change instrument size or grade, at any time, without any loss of rental credit.
- Any instrument you buy from us may be traded in for another.
- All instrument outfits come with upgraded strings, fresh horse hair and a wooden or composite bow.
- Each instrument is inspected and undergoes a complete custom set-up (including tonal adjustments) by one of our expert luthiers.
- We fix, free of charge, any defects due to manufacturing or materials. These free repairs do not include replacing worn/broken strings or bow rehairing.
- Our optional protection plan is just $6 (violin or viola) or $9 (cello) additional each month and covers 60% of the cost of repairs due to accidental damage. We recommend that you also add the instrument to your renter's or homeowner's insurance plan.
- Great customer service!
- Free case ID tag and rosin.
- Free tonal adjustments to keep your instrument in peak playing condition.
Fine Print: Please take note!
- All plans and associated discounts are "while supplies last" and are subject to availability.
- Your rental credit may not exceed 50% of the cost of the instrument you eventually purchase.
- You are responsible for the shipping charges any time the instrument needs to be returned to our shop. Please note: We can help you reduce the cost of return shipping by issuing a shipping label via email at your request at our commercial shipping rate.
- The optional rental protection plan does not cover replacing strings or bow rehairing.
- The customer pays shipping to and from APO or FPO addresses.
- Complete Payment Terms and Conditions
You are, of course, always welcome to come into our shop in Takoma Park Maryland to make arrangements for your rental, but we encourage you to call us first at 301-652-7070 to speak to a representative in our Rental Department about setting an instrument aside for you. Even if you are going to come to the shop to pick up your instrument, please fill out and submit the online rental contract first. This will allow us to process your rental request with the utmost efficiency.
Before you complete the online contract, you will have to know the size of the instrument you need. If your teacher has not indicated the size, use the appropriate yardstick image below for guidance and measure your violin or viola player.
Violin: With the player's arm fully extended and the palm facing up (see photo, below), place a yardstick against the player's neck and then measure from the neck to the middle of the palm. (Imagine the place where a drop of water would come to rest in the center of the player's palm.)
Viola: With the player's arm fully extended and the palm facing up (see photo, below), place a yardstick against the player's neck and then measure from the neck to the middle of the palm. (Imagine the place where a drop of water would come to rest in the center of the player's palm.)
*Please be certain to order the size you need, since you will be responsible for the shipping charges for all returns, as well as for the shipment of the corrected size.
There are no products matching the selection.